Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Spica Cast - Day 5

Yesterday was our first day on our own as Brice had to go back to work.  Lucky for us he is a teacher (so am I, but I am still on maternity leave) so we will both be home for all of July and August.   We just have to get through this week.

Mackenzie decided that napping wasn't for her and was quite fussy.  She always wanted to be held or directly played with.  She would also start crying as soon as I went in her room and got even close to putting her down in her crib.  I found myself constantly wondering if it was just "regular baby stuff" or if it had something to do with the cast.

We tried to play outside on the deck for a little while but shortly after getting out there I felt a few sprinkles of rain and that's no good for a baby in a cast!



She seems to be quite happy in the stroller so we went for a walk in the morning and again in the afternoon we walked down to pick up Daddy from work.  The day had been overcast all day and then shortly after we headed out the sun started shining.  It got hot fast.  By the time we got home Mackenzie had fallen asleep, but was drenched in sweat.  I felt so terrible.  We are really going to have to be diligent about not letting her get too sweaty in the cast.   Sorry friends, I'm going to be wishing for cool weather this summer.

Our Regular Stroller - Bumbleride Indie - works great
Just a pillow behind the back and we are good to go!

In the afternoon I did manage to get some smiles and giggles out of her.  It's amazing how that giggle and those teeth can just brighten up my day.



 I think we must have lucked out on the second night where she slept straight through.  Since then she has been waking up a few times a night.  Last night she was awake from about 4 until 5:30.  Again, not really sure what is going on.  We let her fuss for a bit, when she started crying harder I nursed her, but same thing that she would start crying so hard when we would put her back in her crib.  Finally Brice went down and just sat beside her crib for about a half an hour until she fell asleep.

Today I'm thinking about venturing out of the house - maybe make a Superstore run to pick up a few things.  I'm just not sure if I'm ready for all the stares yet......

No comments:

Post a Comment